The Skinny on Serums
Serums are talked about a LOT lately in the skin care world – and for good reason! Serums are the most critical part of your skin care routine because of how well they deeply penetrate nutrients into your skin. But if you find yourself confused on when to use what in your skincare routine, we’ve got you covered! Let’s break it down and talk about the what, when and why of facial serums.
What makes facial serums so important to your regimen? Above all else, serums are the work horses of your skin care routine. Serums are usually loaded with active ingredients which give you the best results and the most bang for your buck. They are lightweight in nature which allows their active ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin tissue and in turn, have the most visible, age-defying effects.
When do you apply a serum, and does it even matter the order in which you do? The short answer is first and absolutely YES. If you want to get the most out of your skin care products, apply them thinnest to thickest! Apply serum as the first layer to your routine after cleansing and toning. But what if you are using more than one serum? Generally, the sequence doesn’t matter between serums -- it is just preference. For example, if you are using Stemulation Skin Care products and you are starting with your foundation of Liquid Gold, you can then apply Elevate Eye Serum, immediately after. After your serum application, apply your moisturizer or face oils followed by your makeup and/or sunscreen.
Why use serums in the first place? Because we want vibrant healthy skin at every age! Clean clinical skin care is the best defense against free radicals and harmful pollutants that accelerate the aging process. But a more difficult question to answer might be WHICH?
- Nutrient rich formulation loaded with anti-inflammatory and healing ingredients
- Growth factors improve cell support and renewal of collagen and elastin
- Diverse panel of botanical anti-oxidants
- Rich, gold color comes from Turmeric, another natural anti-inflammatory
Liquid Gold is our HERO serum! Stemulation Facial Serum is the foundation of our line. After years of happy clients referring to this serum as liquid gold, we followed their lead and renamed the product on their reviews. This is the one Stemulation Serum you just can’t do without!
- Proven to increase collagen and elastin – addressing fine lines and wrinkles
- Great brightener – particularly good for sun spots and age spots.
- Evens out skin tone – very effective on rosacea and redness.
- Excellent recovery serum after a chemical peel.
Don’t use with:
- Vitamin C (in a pure form)
- Glycolic Acid
Unique to Copper Tri-Peptide is that copper known to increase blood flow. Increased circulation promotes the production of these proteins for firmer skin. Our Copper Tri-Peptide Serum addresses sunspots aka age spots, acne scaring and other causes of uneven skin tones. It is particularly helpful with rosacea or redness in the cheeks and face because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Elevate Eye Serum
- Designed to address fine lines and wrinkles and support the renewal of the delicate tissue around the eyes
- Specifically formulated to correct the causes of under-eye puffiness and dark circles
- Anti-inflammatory thanks to powerful aloe
If you suffer from puffiness and dark circles, Elevate Eye serum is a powerful solution. Our studies and Customer submitted photos, show significant improvement after 2 weeks of consistent use. No conflicting use concerns.
- Formulated with a blend of marine based hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and epidermal growth factors (EGFs)
- Lightweight, brightening serum
- Intended to be layered for maximum effect
If you are under the age of 40, this serum is very powerful on its own and maybe all you need to brighten, hydrate and illuminate your skin. Depending on the climate you live in, you may still want to layer a moisturizer on top in the winter months.
If you are over the age of 40, Hi Impact is formulated to be layered with Liquid Gold for maximum results. Hi Impact is a highly effective blend of ingredients to fight the effects of sun damage and age spots. No conflicting use concerns.
At Stemulation, we are focused on creating highly effective serums and products that address a multitude of skin concerns. Our products are formulated to give you great results and “vibrant, beautiful skin at every age!”
Thanks for reading and we welcome your comments,